exm33.memo

Clearing Archive Roboposter roboposter at lightlink.com
Sun Feb 22 00:06:03 EST 2015

             ((My comments in double parentheses - Homer))

                        A FEW NOTES ABOUT LRH (1)
                        BY O.J. ROOS, HOLLAND (2)

                                EXM - 33

     Editor's Copyright (C) 1992 A Voice of the Free Zone (Electra)
       Redistribution rights granted for non commercial purposes.

     ((This article by Otto Roos has a sort of weird cast to it, it
alternates between being extremely laudatory and not so laudatory about
LRH.  This is because Otto originally wrote it as a 'no entheta' article
for Antony Phillips as explained in footnote (1) below.  Antony sent it
back and asked Otto to unwater things down.  So apparently Otto merely
stuck in a few places of criticism that seems on the whole to be correct
but poetically out of place considering the tone of the rest of the
article.))

     Over the years I have had much contact with LRH, mainly on Auditing
Technical matters, especially in the Saint Hill UK and in the Sea Org
days.

     Early 1966 I had originated and set up one of the first 'OT
Projects', the LRH Finance Committee, to establish the exact amount owed
to LRH by Scientology.  The final amount, he said, he 'forgave' the
church.

     The true amount owed was not all that much but he added several
millions on the price, being 'the cost and goodwill of Saint Hill'.  The
'forgiving' was a grand PR gesture.  He personally never paid a cent
towards SHUK.

                             LRH as Teacher

     He had a near total memory for details of places, names, events,
etc.  His tremendous ability to recall details was phenomenal.

     His knowledge of and his willingness to explain data, in this case
the points of energy flow, later seen in financial policy, was
inexhaustible.

     He explained the movement of people and the flow of moneys through
businesses in a combination which outlined the ideal flow lines in any
organized endeavor.  This scheme, originally laid out on cardboard in
his own handwriting, later became known as the Organization Board.  He
explained its background, where it came from, its flow lines, etc., in
order to clarify the cohesion of auditing technology and organizational
policy.

     To go into this in detail would be too lengthy.  Organizationally,
when correctly applied, it built me very successful businesses.  He was
always a Researcher and Teacher, a Relay Point of Information!

     He, like I, often worked at night and used to wander around Saint
Hill and later on the Flagship at late hours and would discuss matters
of Tech and Policy.  He was most anxious in his wishes to truly be
duplicated and went to any lengths to have this happen.

     In recent years I have heard him being accused of
"authoritarianism", and though this was the case, in my experience he
always, in his own way, had great care in his efforts to get the Tech
correctly applied.  In his Solo Research of the Upper Levels and with
his Research Auditors he was very exact and strict indeed in his
Training and C/Sing, but he would spend any amount of effort to bring
genuine understanding.  Even when I was running the practical training
of the Flag top auditors, he would come and supervise and personally
train myself in the art of training!

     LRH was an entirely different person when dealing with, talking
about, and explaining points of technology or policy, especially when he
was speaking on a one to one basis.

     He was then different in that he was relaxed, and keyed out.  He
even went to the point of calling me to his bedroom to have a person he
himself trained to talk to, to enable him to sort things out for
himself.

     Especially on technical matters he wanted to be sure to be
duplicated.

     As mentioned in my letter to Antony, he was completely different
when keyed out.  We all are, but not many have as much to be keyed out
of.

                             LRH as auditor

     Also when being audited by him, he created a space which was safe
beyond belief.  Especially in the days of work on "OT Abilities", like
levitation, exteriorisation from the physical universe (in the early
days of the then OT 8 and upward on Flag in early 1968) he was a
completely different man.

     This was no "hidden data", but such personal lectures gave quite
another insight in the materials covered, especially as he gave many
examples out of his personal (very long) experience to clarify the
points made.  The worth of these talks was inexpressible in terms of
material value.

                          LRH as research C/S

     When he suddenly wanted further Testing/Research Auditing done into
specific phenomena, the basic causes of them as well as the correct ways
to handle them, were looked for and established.  When LRH was on the
trail of something in his research he never left off until he
discovered, isolated, analysed and found ways to handle what he was
after.  Although this put quite a lot of strain on him and his body as
well as on the few auditors who participated in this work I have never
known him to stop until the point had been fully handled!  This has been
the way in which he worked for as long as I have known him.  For
example, years before the Sea Org a terminal cancer case on the Clearing
Course had to be gotten through as major research project.  She was on
this Solo Course way ahead of myself (the auditor), which did not
exactly make for easy auditing.  His C/Sing got her through!  John
McMaster (the world's first clear) had the pleasure of verifying her
Clear State, after which she immediately left the body.  (In the old
days Clears did not just attest, but we were subjected to a series of
tests.  We had to be able to produce certain E-meter phenomena at will,
we had to be able to demonstrate certain theta abilities.)

     The auditing of this pc was done under LRH daily supervision
briefing, showing not only the exactness he was capable of but even more
his care.

     She was a very old friend of his from the 1950 days and he
successfully did everything he could do to get her before her death to
the state of Clear.  I had to actually audit her through the Clearing
Course.

     Very early OT Practical Research started in the mid sixties with
the OT 2 Project Whole Track Recall, with myself as In Charge.  We were
briefed by LRH.  This was a Mission to Ireland which had to do with
special sections of OT 2. The briefing he gave was painstakingly
accurate.  The activity was top secret, we had to depart and return
without mentioning our destination or purpose to anyone.

     The Mission was auditing technically a success, showing, as it did,
the validity of Whole Track Recall.  He was searching for (and found!)
practical uses of this data in daily life.  A few years later some of
the auditing data was used for his "Mission into Time" in the
Mediterranean.

     In those years his Solo Research, and his supervision of the
research work done by his auditors, was done on the same lines of the
unbelievable precision he later worked at instilling into Class X to XII
trainees in the days when he still personally supervised their training
on Flag.

                           LRH as supervisor

     The original Class VIII course was the true beginning of this
precision.  It was enforced by throwing students who had goofed (and
that was each and every one of us somewhere along the line!) overboard.
This was, especially for non swimmers, at times a horrifying experience.
At later stage, when C/Sing some of the pc folders of students who had
had this happen to them, it proved to have been absolutely terrifying.
The ship was very high to be thrown off of!  When I became Flag C/S I
stopped this Practice, because I couldn't see the use of doing it, even
though I had continued the Practice when Flag C/S until I discovered
what it had done to some auditors.  However, LRH had said that "we can
make top auditors in 3 weeks" and "therefore we could".  Completely
absurd, but that was the law!

     It made auditing totally unsafe, broke many well will- ing
auditors, and ruined a lot of well intentioned stu- dents.  He then, in
September 1968 in the first Class VIII course continued the "quickies"
which had been first introduced together with the F/N in SHUK in 1966,
which led to high incomes, low results.  His insistence on precision in
auditing technology (he called it the Standard) was something which
really characterized LRH, yet at the same time there always was the need
to make money, money, money, and, I'm afraid to say, technical integrity
was sacrificed on the altar of money!  The sacrifice of technical
integrity and the skill of trainee auditors on the altar of the quick
buck was one of the major causes of the later often alleged "short com-
ings" of the Tech.

     This became very real to me after, as Flag C/S, having C/Sed many
folders from the orgs under LRH supervision on Flag.  The money attitude
just mentioned spread into organizations all having to have "up
statistics", mainly consisting of money.  In view of the above it is
also very clear WHY a lot of work turned out the way it did.  When money
(income from students and pc's) is the great statistic, unintended overt
production runs rife.  This was very often well justified and lied
about, I may add.  LRH wrote that none of the pc's ever left Flag
without being exterior with full perception.  This was patently untrue!

     In pure auditing technology he was just LRH!  In this area he had a
quality of just knowing, a certainty he al- ways sought to pass on to
those who worked with him directly on these lines and this is something
hard to relay in words.  If one could describe experiencing coexisting
knowingness, that would be it with this man.

     This, however, only happened with the few who were around him for
long enough to master the data under his supervision.  The many
overboards I could take in my stride as I was fortunate enough to be a
good swimmer.  From my own personal experience I can say that mistakes
made in upper level research really hurt in mind and body.  LRH must
have been hit severely with his already much older body, and with every
process ever developed (usually wrongly) run on him, especially in the
old days, prior to the modern data governing the techniques of overrun,
rehabilitation and listing & null- ing.

     The "creaks" (a horrible sensation of one's back and spinal cord
being twisted out of place) turned on by misaligning and wrongly running
GPM's, once put me into doctor's hands in Las Palmas, when working on OT
II-III research.  It nearly killed him with his much older body and I
ended up with severe eye injuries.  John McMaster, another research
auditor broke his foot in experiments of levitation, and I suffered
horrendous chest and head somatics when running control procedures over
long distances.

     There have been many of such instances and incidents.  He was not
the Source of the data, it has always been there, he was not even the
Source of the way out and through, but he was the relay point who found
and communicated this route for others to duplicate.  Especially
research auditing was not an "easy way" for him, his body, or his
research auditors, but he, and thereby we, got through!  The even later
work on more advanced OT levels became progressively tougher.

     Running GPM's is a procedure which was extensively used in the
'60's.  It handled Goals and contained lots of listing procedures.  As
the modern rules of listing were not known back then, many auditing
mistakes of severe nature occurred.  (author's footnote)

     Otto J. Roos

     (1) Amended as per 11.11.90 request from Antony Phillips on
16.11.90.  (Editors Note) The first article I received from Otto, I felt
could just has well appeared in Source, with full church censorship in
force.  As I felt that our readers were entitled to 'all the facts' (see
data series) and not to have possible outpoints suppressed, I wrote to
Otto asking for a more free article and this is the result.  It later
turned out that there was a misunderstanding, and Otto thought that I
had said ((earlier)) that our readers could not confront anything
negative on Ron.

     (2) Otto J. Roos came into Scientology in the late 1950's and
became fully trained as an auditor.  He later went to Saint Hill
(England) where he became a Class VII Power auditor and worked under LRH
C/S as Case Officer SH.  In 1967 he went to the "Sea Project", as the
Sea Org was called in its early beginnings, trained under LRH on the
Flag VII Course, and became Flag VIII C/S.  He was among the first Class
IX to XII auditors under LRH C/S.  He then became the Flag XII C/S.
After also having completed the FEBC (Flag Executive Briefing Course),
LRH appointed him as Class XII Tech Flub Catch and Control Officer (W/W)
to supervise the application of the Tech.  He also worked as Research
Auditor on the OT levels and the Advanced X to XII data.  After personal
disagreements with LRH he was 'thrown out' of the Sea Org.  He arrived
back in Europe with $100, and huge 'free loader debt' to the
organization which he paid while building up a world wide network of
businesses.  Apart from his own ability, he ascribes his results to his
understanding and use of the Ethics, Tech, Policy and Admin data, and
upon what he learned from the personal contact he had, working directly
under and with Ron for many years.  Ed.

Sun Feb 22 00:06:02 EST 2015
ftp://ftp.lightlink.com/pub/archive/electra/exm33.memo