intoses.scr

Clearing Archive Roboposter roboposter at lightlink.com
Tue Mar 31 12:06:02 EDT 2015

ON GETTING INTO SESSION

   From a practical point of view, the session must be defined as the total responsibility of the auditor, since this prevents him from blaming the PC for anything that goes wrong.

   At the same time, if the PC does not take an active attitude, his gains will be minimal. He will get better without finding out about it, which has happened. But the pc, without being forced in any way, can decide to get involved and dig into what really bugs him. I have finally found a way to take this approach and would like to share this with you.

   An exScn ran some CCH-2, "Look at that wall." on me recently and I discovered something. In the past, I haven't gotten much from this. It was meaningless control: follow orders, do the drill and it will somehow do something to or for you.
   This time I went at it differently and got "up on my hind legs."

   He said, " Well, according to the book, I'm going to do this Tone 40 (note: with a pure intention)," and I replied, "I don't give a damn whether you're going to do it 'Tone 40' or not, if I feel like saying something I will, and if I want to explore something I'm going to." - kind of overt.

   Here's the discovery: this attitude pays off for me. I could finally "get it." We only ran the process about 15 minutes, but I got overt. Later, reviewing the session as usual, I could feel the confusion of trying to follow 16 different orders, all contradictory, at one time. Like: Ma said, but Dad said, but the teacher thinks, and the Bible says, etc; PLUS a headache.

   There is a "subtlety" here, a particular approach that makes it very real to me for the first time. He would say, "You just run the process." and  my reply  was, "What do you mean, you just run the process. That's not the key point. Don't you just want the pc to be more alive? If the rules work, fine; if not, to hell with them!" We went around on this some.

   So there IS a way to make auditing work more effectively for me. One where I can feel free to talk back, to look, dig, probe, find out things, and come alive. One in which I'm not rushed, but can take my time and find what works for me, like what I've described above. A foot on some kind of bottom rung. How about you? Have you gotten up "on your hind legs," either in auditing or life? I'm interested in hearing from others.

                        ***

Tue Mar 31 12:06:02 EDT 2015
ftp://ftp.lightlink.com/pub/archive/fgordon/intoses.scr