Hippocrates.txt

Clearing Archive Roboposter roboposter at lightlink.com
Fri Nov 25 18:06:03 EST 2016

"Everything in excess is opposed to nature."

"Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of
opportunity."

"If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and
exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest
way to health."

"It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know
what sort of disease a person has."

"Keep a watch also on the faults of the patients, which often make them lie
about the taking of things prescribed."

"Natural forces within us are the true healers of disease."

"Prayer indeed is good, but while calling on the gods a man should himself
lend a hand."

"Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance."

"To do nothing is sometimes a good remedy."

"Walking is a man's best medicine.

"Whenever a doctor cannot do good, he must be kept from doing harm."

                                -- Hippocrates

Sat Feb 18 13:37:57 EST 2006

Fri Nov 25 18:06:02 EST 2016
ftp://ftp.lightlink.com/pub/archive/ted/Hippocrates.txt