Lion1.txt

Clearing Archive Roboposter roboposter at lightlink.com
Sun Dec 2 18:06:02 EST 2018

From: Lion \(in Solar Explorer\) (l***@light.link.com)
Subject: A short Lion Essay
Newsgroups: alt.clearing.technology
Date: 2000-11-03 01:11:45 PST

We are born into world of mystery and fear.  And, in the course of
our lives, we learn to live with mystery and transcend fear.

After almost 51 years of exploration, into these very issues, I have
only come to a couple of conclusions.

The teachers we seem to value most, seem to be those who set off
their own, to explore the truth of their prescience here.

We do not honor their journey with mindless belief, and unquestioned
acceptance of their values and discoveries.

They did the work of discovery and somehow, we think we can get
there without the work.

Great discoverers, often forget how they got there, and rip us off
by not allowing, and many times hindering, our own exploration.

I hope the future is full of good teachers who ask, what do YOU
feel, what do YOU see, what do YOU understand, what are YOUR values,
what have YOU understood.

And, in subtle, and creative ways, help them to understand the
subtle obligations and responsibilities of relational life.

One of the things I have learned is that it's very hard to have the
wisdom one gets at 50 when you are 21.  If one of you think you can
alter this, I completely support you and encourage you to have at it.

I think it takes a lifetime to get a life :)

Love, Lion

Richard D. Platek ***.***.****  Love is always appropriate. Always

Time is the best teacher;  Unfortunately it kills all its students

Tue Jan 10 09:38:27 EST 2006

Sun Dec  2 18:06:02 EST 2018
ftp://ftp.lightlink.com/pub/archive/ted/Lion1.txt