meter2.scr

Clearing Archive Roboposter roboposter at lightlink.com
Thu Dec 6 06:06:02 EST 2018

The Use of the E-Meter in a Biofeedback Mode-II

--------------------------------

Introduction:

  Solo biofeedback can be very informal at times, and I sometimes jump from one area to another, probing around. This can result in a scattered and dispersed feeling. To bring some order into my solo sessions and not leave a lot of BPC; I try for questions which can be short cycled in 10-20 minutes and reach a "mini-EP." It's also an advantage if these questions are open ended and recycleable indefinitely. Thus, I don't fret about EPs. If it feels OK, fine. If not, I'll get another crack at it.

Some Recycleable Questions:

  "How could someone be right?" seems to be a good question. It's a way to chew  gradiently at service facs and clear the difference between reactive and real rightness. It's also nice to feel that "You Can Be Right,"HCOB 22 July l963 Tech.Vol.V,p.321.

  In the first brief  session, "I could be right by making another 'guilty' with my injured silence." Fine, a "mini-EP." In subsequent brief sessions, I ended off "by being a judge (I'll be the judge of that, I make the rules around here), by being politely wrong (I could not rise above you, because you see I love you)," and by other low toned goodies. Then the EPs became lighter and more sensible: "Decide to do something and do it," and more practical: "Don't forget your keys." Right now, this question seems to be useable indefinitely.

  Had an immediate result using B. Robert Ross's article on Effort Processing in Issue 16. A left shoulder lifting effort with a smile was found on the TRs. Getting the effort to keep that effort from going away gave an immediate LFBD. My attention had been on "How can I get rid of it," and getting the effort to keep it or "How can I hang onto it?" reversed the flow, and blew something with laughter and a light feeling.

  Each session revealed more of what was in back of this effort: the smile of a soldier or cowboy wounded in the left shoulder (in childhood games it was always the left shoulder!), an effort to keep my ears from freezing (by lifting both shoulders), insisting upon and asserting a "pleasant reality" while denying the contrary; and the apologetic smile of  a  smart-aleck flinching from an expected retaliative blow.

  This last is from combining the above with explorations of a question from "The Story of S&D" by Jom in THE HERETIC Issue 10. "Who or what is causing difficulty?" which turned on an immediate "slow R/S," or "an energy-filled needle." It wasn't frantic and scratchy like a real R/S, but was too slashy to be a fast F/N. Something in the middle. On the first cycle with this, cognited that on rare occasions (hopefully getting rarer) I can really be an uncaring and sarcastic smart-aleck, with a stiff-necked, "you can't shut me up; damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead; f-you and the horse you rode in on," intellectually arrogant asshole attitude.

  Needless to say, this attitude is usually well hidden. This impulse to "smart-aleck outflow" is apparently balanced by the chronic flinch and propitiative smile efforts to ward off any possible "retaliatory inflow". This revelatory cognition, has helped me to see the source (Me!) of a lot of difficulty.

On Havingness:

  By theory, a good level of Havingness is necessary for any process to be effective. Here are some which were helpful:

  Alternately touching an object and a body part worked uniformly, although slowly, and usually the TA would rise.

  Getting a sense of "Room enough and time enough and space enough --" loosens up feelings of being pressured or driven. Curiously, on this, there is a faint hint of the way I used to feel at Bowdoin College at 17. This is another "at will" exercise; and when I really get into it, gives a feeling of great open spaces, like looking up at The Milky Way on a beautifully clear winter night. Poetically, perhaps a sort of a kind of an effortless limitless boundlessness.

  I've also found that I can cultivate this sense of expansive space-time in everyday situations and feel more at ease.

"A Fast Havingness Process" was originally part of this article, but is now treated separately.

Some results with "Energy Fields":

  "The Role of Turbulence in the Mind" by Bohdi Baba in Issue 8 of THE HERETIC intrigued me. I've had several experiences of what may have been samskaras:

  1. After a friend ran the  53  RJ Rundown, with only a few ticks, I ended up with an inner energy running around like a fly caught between two window panes, or a frantic mouse trying to escape a cat. It wasn't an incident, but an energy.

  2. An energy pattern which felt like being pinned into a bureaucratic system as a forced multiple comm line receipt point which must give an immediate answer.

  Did these energy patterns fit Bodhi Baba's veiw of samskaras? I'm not sure.

  Could they be handled by Concept or Rising Scale processing? Yes. On "1," getting the energy field in my gut, where it had occurred, gave a smooth BD of a division and a loosening needle. I held the image of this jagged frantic escape or search motion as experiences came up. TA range 3.3-2.2 and smooth. It surprised me that I felt so calm while doing it. Finally, as in Rising Scale, it could be modified to a smooth voluptuous sinuous flow. Mr. Wiggleworm doing his squirming exercises. Or alternatively, a flow like a happy child at a party, running from one relative to another. This one gave the most TA Action and the loosest needle. "2" ended off on a recognition of constantly expecting to be interrupted and being on guard against it.

  A characteristic of this approach was how relaxed the needle was throughout, especially on "1." Using the above results as a guide, I found I could rapidly get smooth TA and needle flow, not through words or incidents, but by contacting and experiencing my energy field.

  At this, I felt like saying, as The Headmaster so often did: "THIS is a Great New Break-Through!" And for me, it definitely was.

"A Stuck Flow?" Note: this summary is expanded as a separate article.

  By theory, a flow which flows too long in one direction has a tendency to stick. What will happen then, when for a very long period of time, enormous numbers of people (myself included) have pursued the goal of being "Clear?" Isn't this just such a stuck flow?

  LRH stated that the effort to be good leaves evil on automatic, and the person will wind down rapidly. By analogy, perhaps a concentrated effort to go clear will leave unclearness on automatic. This area isn't perfectly clear though, since "Overruns" can be handled by a continue flow process (HCOB 3 June 71 "High and Low  TA  Breakthrough" Tech Vol. VII, p.268) and every intention (Tone 40?) does not require a balancing counter intention (since Newton's Laws apply only to MEST).

  As an experiment, to see if I could balance the effort to go clear (sitting at my word processor) and working on how I could get restimulated and UNCLEAR.

  "What can really fog me out?" was helpful, eyes out of whack, headache, etc.("Fine, no spots though. Well you can't have every-thing." - pushing for maximum Total Fog.) What was fascinating was the resulting line charge. More laughter than I've had in years. Also, after I printed it out, went over it again at the e-meter. MORE laughter with TA. I milked it for all it was worth. You might enjoy trying it.

Miscellany:

  I've had some spontaneous positive experiences:

  A feeling of "satisfaction of self", which I don't recall hving before. Not having to change, fight critical thoughts, or prove anything; but to simply be there comfortably satisfied with myself. Echoes of "be there comfortably and perceive."

  My habit has often been, when I look around, to associate what I'm looking at with an old experience that happened there. But instead of just reactively recalling, I find that I can project what I might do there in the future. This apparently tiny shift can open a very big door. From THE MONUMENTAL MEMORY BANK inscribed: In Memory of, In Honor Of, In Celebration of, and Remember the; to a tiny nascent impulse that says, "I am going into action."

                         ***

Sound Familiar?

   Father Wog had a small farm and a donkey.
   One day his Altar boy came to visit and asked, "Most respected religious teacher, may I borrow your donkey?"
   "I'm very sorry, my dear student of religion, but I have just loaned him out."
   Just then, down in the stable, the donkey brayed. "But Teacher!" exclaimed his follower, "I just heard him down in the stable!"
   At this, Father Wog drew himself up to his full height, puffed out his chest, and proclaimed, "Who do you believe, me or a donkey?"

                        ***

Thu Dec  6 06:06:02 EST 2018
ftp://ftp.lightlink.com/pub/archive/fgordon/meter2.scr