pip2.memo

Clearing Archive Roboposter roboposter at lightlink.com
Wed Dec 19 06:06:05 EST 2018

Homer said:
>    Virtue for the Author is not the same as virtue for the characters.

 True.  I actually remember a frightening example of the author-character
 relationship.  First I remembered a terrifying and tragic incident while
 working on a somatic.    It was this lifetime but I had completely
 suppressed it - I had not a clue.   In resolving this incident I began
 to have flashbacks of earlier moments that led up to this event.  In one
 of those moments I was in a higher state of consciousness and was
 devising the way things would unfold; actually setting it all up,
 creating it.  I wouldn't say I was the ultimate author, but I had author
 priveledges and was shaping events.  So as the author, the story was
 important, but the trials and tribulations (and pain) of my character
 were of NO CONCERN.  That's the FRIGHTENING part.  As an author it's
 fine to write that the hero of the story "arched in bone splitting pain
 and the bullet passed through his shoulder blade" but the character is
 probably not smiling about it.  However, the ultimate author knows it's
 all just a story, an illusion cast in the world of duality.  In this
 instance all turned out well (miraculously! - just as the author 'wrote'
 it to) and the I survived.  Still, I don't much like being a pawn
 anymore, even if it's of myself.  Even if I had read the script and
 known the outcome I absolutely would have declined the part.  Probably
 ..... maybe.

   Pip
Tue Sep  7 21:37:55 EDT 2010

Wed Dec 19 06:06:03 EST 2018
ftp://ftp.lightlink.com/pub/archive/pip/pip2.memo