iv-10-08.txt

Clearing Archive Roboposter roboposter at lightlink.com
Sun Jul 5 00:06:02 EDT 2020

>From International Viewpoints (IVy) Issue 10 - January 1993

Kemp's Column
By Raymond Kemp, USA

The Magic Track

Halloween, being the 41st anniversary of my introduction to Hubbard,
and the reading of the two volumes on Scientology, recently published
in Germany, prompt me into this particular column.

Little has been written on the subject of the Magic Track, though Ron
has talked about it "off the cuff", and at the time I took up
Scientology it had been a study of mine for some years (lifetimes?).

As some of you know, since the age of fourteen, I was a performing
magician (stage type), and an illusionist, with an international
reputation, TV and all that sort of thing. I was also an Associate of
the Inner Magic Circle, and wrote for the Occult Committee of that
body. Actually I was at the odds with their parameters for judging
fraud, which were "If the same effect can be duplicated by a stage
Magician, then the phenomena was false". I attended what now is known
as Channeling sessions, and what was then called Spiritualist Seances.

One of the things I learned early, was that people carry their
facsimiles around with them, and a person can with a little practice
read off a persons facsimiles, and then tell them things that in truth
they never "told anyone". I also learned early that "Healing" could be
done by manipulating ridges around the patient, with sometimes
startlings results.

However, and Ron and I had long discussions on this and other aspects,
the common denominator of this activity was, and still is, that it is
performed on an other assigned responsibility basis. "It is done by
God, through me." "It is my Spirit Guide". "I have to go into a state
of unconsciousness (trance)". And so on.

Or, as Ron discovered with Crowley, one had to, or at any rate often
did, get high on drugs from Cocaine, Heroin or Mescaline, "so as to
enhance the phenomena".

The "Magic" aspect of hypnotism, too, follows this same other
determined principle. One can hypnotize a person, and then as we know
it, exteriorise them, and then send them to remote places to view. I
used to do this on board ships in the Navy, and there was no shortage
of persons who wanted me to send my subjects to their home to look
around. Nowadays I probably would simply tell the person directly to
be three feet back of his head and go see for himself!.

Without invalidating the present day "channelers", I can only quote
one of the discussions with Ron..."If they would only take more
responsibility, and recognize that it is them that are doing it, we'd
have less psychics and more result". I tested this concept out by
auditing a psychic on nothing but responsibility, and her psychic
powers turned off, only to turn on again in a different form as she
went up tone toward clear, but she never again claimed to be anything
more than "very perceptive".

Three Major Areas

Of traditional Magic on this planet, there are three major areas,
Sympathetic, Ceremonial and Hermetic. Sympathetic Magic uses a via
that is in some way connected, under this heading are such items as
Tarot reading, Tea Leaf reading, Psychometry, where one holds an item
belonging to the client; Crystal reading and Scrying (using a bowl of
water as a concentration point) are also basically in this
classification.

Incidentally, The Tarot has an interesting history, since it is
considered to be the unwritten Torah, or Talmud, predating the Essens,
who were a group of practitioners, ancient, in pre Christian era, who
traditionally were "Keepers of the Wisdom", and the Book of the Tarot
goes back through the Book of Toth, (egyptian), and the Book of Y Chim
(Chinese). The full book is the study of the Qabbalah, now usually
written and assigned to the Hebrew.

The Qabbalah when laid out can be read, and is very much like the
factors, and the Tone Scale in its philosophy, but is also a bridge
into Ceremonial Magic, dealing with the influences (flows and ridges)
that can be mocked up and used whithin that framework. In other words
it is a system of organizing what we might in general call, Knowledge,
in its fullest sense.

As in OT3, there are areas of the planet that are sympathetic, and
inimical to Qabbalistic Magic. One of these former is Glastonbury in
England, traditional home of the Arthurian Legends. It was this area
that Magicians utilized during World War Two, and "arranged" the
weather phenomena that allowed the evacuation of Dunkirk. This is the
last time that I know of when systems of Magic were combined,
Sympathetic, Ceremonial and Hermetic, (basically Hermetic Magic is the
utilization of the forces of nature, Earth, Air, Fire, and Water) to
bring about a result.

All of this can be classified as Occult, meaning "Momentarily Hidden"
i.e. Occult is the opposite of Flash. Flash is an interruption of
darkness for a moment. Occult is a moment of darkness in a general
condition of Light. Traditionally Magicians, sometimes referred to as
members of the White Brotherhood, do not reveal what they know or do
not know, nor do they confirm or deny. Which by the way is one of the
reasons why Crowley is often misquoted. He never said "Do as you will
shall be the whole of the Law". What he said was "-Do- what you will"
(emphasis mine), a totally different concept.

But all of this is very latter day stuff, and really is what may be
considered to be a minute left over from the magic Track itself.

Beginnings

Those of you who have heard my lecture "Three days before Once upon a
Time", know that what I was talking about was the early Magic Track.
Ron put this data out as a research project in London ACC, under the
heading of "The Rock". It deals with the first time thetans used mock
ups to play games. Interestingly, on that ACC after several lectures
on this, he then forbade the students to run the incident, as an
engram, saying use the finder "The incident necessary to resolve you
case".

As an aside, my auditor was Jack Campbell, and we said to hell with it
and ran my Rock incident. Halfway through a session, Ron, who would
sit in on sessions as they were proceeding, and pass notes and
suggestions to the auditors, sat in on my session, and suddenly
interrupted Jack saying "Are you running Ray on the The Rock incident,
after I told you not to?" Jack, without any comm lag, replied "No,
Ron, I am running the incident necessary to resolve the case." Ron
laughed and said, "Good, I hoped that was what you were doing", and
never interrupted our sessions again.

Anyway, before the entry into the MEST Universe, which was a game
started by a group of thetans who got tired of games where the rules
were known, and often broken, so they hid the rules and not-knew them
as an entry fee. There were many other games being played. The major
difference being that Thetans knew that they were thetans, or even
Theta, and set up whole societies and even variations of the Mest
Universe, in which mock ups were as solid as one wished them to be, or
agreed that they were and all theta abilities were, if you like,
commonplace and accepted as normal.

In other words the game was played without vias, My favorite
description of the difference between the Magic Universe and the Mest
Universe, is that the latter is ruled by a postulate that goes
something like:

"I can't do it, but I can build a machine that can"

In the Magic Universe one had an acre or thousand, of Land, or a
planet or two to call home, one went visiting with friends, or mocked
up friends to visit, one made "solid" mock ups that other people could
use or not, exchanged concepts, ideas or aesthetics. Went up and down
Tone, even to the point of zapping another into oblivion, (provided
that the other agreed that he was now in oblivion), and in general did
all the things that one does, or dreams of. The difference being that
one did it because one decided to do it, and no vias.

The ethics of the magic society were without penalty, and beings were
amoral, in that they knew who and what they were, and "damage" could
only occur by agreeing that damage had occurred.

I remember a favourite house of mine, its colors were Lavender and
White. I tried this life to duplicate those colors, but never
succeeded ... very frustrating to me.

Whole societies, groups, nations, these words are only approximations,
existed and co-existed. All was not sweetness and light. Good
intentions and bad intentions existed, but underlying all the
interactions was the basic knowledge that we are what we are, and we
do what we will do.

One entered the game by deciding what roles we were going to play,
Master, Piece or Pawn, and we retired when we felt that we should,
either by the rules of the sub game we were playing or just because we
said in effect; "To hell with it, I quit".

The creation of an effect, was probably the highest purpose, then, as
now, and these effects could sometimes be staggering to the theta
concepts. It was here that one discovered that big effects were fun,
but also sometimes little effects could be just as powerful. In fact
the little effect game was possibly the ending of that universe, when
people started to buy their own PR, and became the little effect of a
little effect and then said that they were the effect of it, and
"forgot" that they had created it all in the first place, and so
retired without unmocking that part of that game, and thus they became
broken pawns, another way of describing the condition of human being.

I can't do it, but I can build a machine that can...

I can't actually build the machine, but I can build a tool that can
build a machine that can...

I can't build a tool, but I can build a Union that will permit others
to build a tool that can build...

I can't build a Union but I can join one if someone will build one so
that they can build...

I can't join, but I can work to earn money to join so that some one
can build...

It's called a dwindling spiral, using more and more other determinism,
and other responsibility. It is called the US and THEM syndrome. It's
called the Licence to Survive Syndrome. It is called the "God made Man
in his own image" Syndrome, rather than "Man made God in his own
image".

It is called "You can't be OT, you can't levitate yet". It can also be
called Loss of the Home universe. And it is on your track.

If you want to know more about how we left that track and got onto
this one, either remember it or, at the risk of being crassly
commercial, read my book "Handbook of the Gods", and then you might
want to reread my article on Quantum, or get the lecture series given
in Holland. some of the people who attended that particular conference
have never been the same since!.

Sun Jul  5 00:06:02 EDT 2020
FTP://ftp.lightlink.com/pub/archive/ivy/iv-10-08.txt