Clearing Archive Roboposter roboposter at lightlink.com
Thu Oct 1 12:06:01 EDT 2020

             ((My comments in double parentheses - Homer))
                            ZEGEL TAPE NO. 2
                               ZEGEL - 2
                              January 1984
                      Copyright (C) 1984 Jon Zegel
       Redistribution rights granted for non commercial purposes.
     ((This is the complete and unabridged, word for word transcript of
Jon Zegel's tape number 2.  Remember that Zegel recants the entirety of
his first 3 tapes, including this one, in the 4th tape.))
     Hello again, it's January 1984.  It's been six months since we did
the last tape and we thought it was time with all the new information
that we've gathered to put a new tape together.
     This tape is going to be divided into four parts.  The first part
is going to cover some church history with an eye toward de-mystifying
the locations of the ship, the locations of church headquarters and
where Ron has been living during the past approximately fifteen years.
     Part two of the tape is going to take a look at key moments in
church history, that is those moments that have lead to the take over of
the church by the RTC, and principally by the individuals David
Miscavige and Pat and Annie Broeker.
     Part three is going to take a look at those management personnel,
we're going learn a little bit more about them, a little bit more about
their Scientology background, their educational background and their
history in the church.
     Part four of the tape is going to cover Ron's Journal 38.  We're
going to take a look at the stats and the statements on that tape and
we're going to look at the question of weather or not the voice you hear
on that tape is or is not LRH.
     Over the years there has been alot of interest and a lot of mystery
surrounding the ships that belong to the Sea Org, where they were, what
they were doing and so on.  So we thought we'd spend a few minutes and
look into them.
     The principal ship, the flag ship of the fleet, was a ship called
the Royal Scotsman.  The Royal Scotsman was a converted channel ferry,
that is a ferry that went back and forth across the English Channel.
That ship was converted by the church into what was in essence a private
yacht and it sailed on it's first major church expedition from the port
of South Hampton England on the 20th of November 1967.
     Also in the church fleet were two other yachts, one was called the
Enchanter, that was a much smaller vessel that was sailing yacht that
was equipped with auxiliary engines as well, and another converted
commercial boat called the Avon River.
     All three of the boats were in the Mediterranean during the bulk of
the year 1968, and the flag ship, that is The Royal Scotsman, spent the
bulk of it's time near the island of Corfu.  During the months of
September through October 1968, the Class VIII lectures were given on
that ship, on the Royal Scotsman, while it was stationed in Corfu and if
you listen carefully to the tapes, and I hope you have the opportunity
to hear them, you can hear harbor noises in the background, ships, horns
and so on.
     During the remainder of the year 1968 and the bulk of the year
1969, the ships continued to sail about on various missions in the
Mediterranean.  In September of 1969 the ships joined together in the
island of Corfu.  At that time there was an attempt by the church to
establish a Saint Hill and an AO on the island of Corfu.  It was to be
called the University of Philosophy.
     On the 18th of November 1969 in a great PR move, the church decided
to rename the three ships in honor of various Greek historical figures.
The Royal Scotsman was renamed the Apollo, the Avon River was renamed
Athena and the Enchanter, that had earlier been renamed Diana, was
christened Diana, all in a big ceremony for the officials on the island.
     From that point on however, things started to come apart.  The ship
had been traveling under an assumed name of the Operation Transport
Corporation and that cover blew off.  It was found out that the church
really was representative of the Church of Scientology.
     Additionally in the month of March of 1970, the newspapers were
told by someone on the ship that the Greek government was endorsing the
opening of this new church facility.  Of course the government was not
endorsing the opening of that facility, and that made them quite angry.
That plus a combination of difficulties that were encountered in the
harbor with the ship not observing proper etiquette, led to the ship
being ordered out of Corfu harbor and all Scientologists and the staff
and so forth, ordered off the island in March of 1970.
     During the remainder of the year 1970, the ship continued to sail
about in the Mediterranean, but flap after flap in ports made it very
clear that the ship was not going to be able to remain in the
Mediterranean for long.  In 1971 they spent the bulk of the year sailing
in the East Atlantic, between the ports of and the countries of Morocco,
and Portugal and Spain, sailing through such ports as Lisbon and
Setubal.  In Morocco they landed in Tangiers, they sailed also to the
island of Madeira and around in the Canary Islands.
     During that time the TRC which was a translation unit, was set up
in Tangiers and an estate was taken there where Ron and Mary Sue lived.
This was good living quarters for them and that was a comparatively
settled period of time.
     The ship was put into dry dock in Lisbon in 1972 and it was there
some time for repairs.  During the time that the TRC was operating in
Tangiers a variety of missions were going back and forth to the capital
city of Tangiers, Rabat.  At the end of the year 1972, those missions
would go sour.  The stories surrounding why those missions went sour
vary considerably, and it's really hard to know exactly why.  But it
seems clear that what those missions were doing was that they were
spying on government officials, gathering up uncomplimentary information
and that cover was blown off.  No matter what occurred, on the 3rd of
December 1972, the entourage with LRH was given 24 hours to leave the
     During the day of December 3rd, all the papers, receipts and so
forth that were there at the facility were shredded and burned, and at
5:00 PM, LRH got on a plane and flew to Lisbon Portugal.  There he was
joined by Jim Denkelsey and Paul Preston and the three of them flew on
to New York City.  Within a couple of days they had taken an apartment
in Queens, New York, in a building called the Executive.  Queen's New
York, by the way is a suburb of New York City.
     In February 1973, they moved to a larger apartment, again in Queens
NY, on a street called Codwise Place.  All three were operating under
assumed names during that time, Jim Denkelsey was called Frank Morris,
Paul Preston was using the name Don Shannon and LRH was using the name
Lawrence Harris.  LRH was working of the Volunteer Ministers Handbook at
that time, a guardian office project called Snow White and the photo
checksheet on subject control, that is how to control the subject that
you are photographing.
     Ron remained in this area until September of 1973.
     On September the 18th he flew back to Lisbon and rejoined the ship.
The ship continued at that time sailing about in the East Atlantic,
again between the Canary Islands, Madeira and Portugal and Spain.  In
December of 1973 on the island of Tenerife, LRH breaks his arm, the
recovery from that broken arm is going to be long and difficult and it
will take approximately three months.  This a terribly unpleasant time
for him and all of those people that are around him.
     The ship will continue to sail around in the Eastern Atlantic until
October 9th 1974.  On that day the ship was in Madeira and that's the
day of the now famous rock festival.  The Apollo Stars, the musical
group that traveled with the ship were doing a concert in town.  Those
people assigned to sound system for the Apollo Stars, walked among the
crowd listening to the sound but also caught the idea that there was
something going to happen at the ship that afternoon.  No one was
entirely clear as to exactly what it was.
     They sent a message back to the ship, now the ship was on liberty
at that time, that meant that about half the crew was ashore but LRH
himself was on board.
     What actually had happened was that a local newspaper man had
uncovered the fact that individuals from the church had been spying on
officials on the island.  This had been exposed and an agitator had
gotten together a group of people in a local park and had gotten them
all fired up about the 'autre' CIA ((autre is French for other)) or the
autre-cia as it was called and that meant that they assumed that the
ship was another CIA.
     At any rate late in the afternoon a crowd gathered on the dock
right below the Apollo.  The docks there were made out of paving stones
or cobbles and they began picking up these small stones and hurling them
at the ship, and in fact this stoning of the ship went on for some
     In an attempt to drive the crowd back, the sea hoses of the ship
were gotten out, those are hoses that pump sea water, and they were
going to spray the crowd in order to drive it back further on the dock.
Unfortunately they were not able to gather sufficient water pressure to
really do anything but infuriate the crowd by getting them wet and the
crowd took all the rolling stock of the ship, the automobiles, the
motorcycles and the bicycles and threw it all into the sea.
     At any rate it seemed hopeless at that point, the ship simply
dropped it's lines and sailed away from the dock and dropped anchor a
little ways away.
     The following day October the 10th, the ship took on food and fuel,
announced to the port officials that it was going to be sailing to
Buenos Aires and set off.  That night when it was dark all lights on the
ship were turned off and they changed their course to a north westerly
course headed for Charleston, South Carolina.
     Their arrival there was to be a secret, they were going to be
totally out of communication for the next ten days and would sail all
those days with no radio contact, lights off and so on.
     However, when the ship was about eight miles off the coast of
Charleston, five miles outside the three mile limit, they received a
radio message that the FBI was waiting for them on the dock.  Their
landing at Charleston was to be a secret and it was a mystery for
sometime how the FBI found out they were coming.  In fact they found out
because the Apollo Stars had a pre mission which had been sent to
Charleston, as they did to all the ports where the ship was headed, and
announced broadly and set up musical performances for the Apollo Stars,
told everyone the Apollo was coming in order to generate enthusiasm and
excitement and that is how the FBI found out.
     At any rate the ship turned and sailed to Bermuda, during the next
few days the Portugal telex relay offices of the church are raided,
however the Portuguese officials are held off and all the telexes and
other materials are shredded and burned before they can fall into these
quote unfriendly hands, close quote.  Peter Warren was the person the on
ship who was doing the spying operations that all these papers had to be
burned and shredded to prevent the officials of various governments from
     The idea was that the ships were trying to find a safe place.  A
safe place for Scientology would be a place where the government of a
particular country or a least of an island would either endorse
Scientology or promise to hold it safe from its enemies.  When these
ports would blow up or when the governments or officials of these places
seemed reluctant to endorse Scientology, these spies of the church would
go to work trying to dig up information on the officials that could
either be used to, 1) find out why they were opposed to Scientology or
2) and the more likely of the two, could be used to blackmail them to
indeed go ahead and endorse and/or agree to protect the church.
     At any rate the ship was in Bermuda for about two weeks and that
caused a flap, they had to leave Bermuda and from there they sailed to
Nassau.  Again they were in Nassau for about two weeks and that port
flapped and they sailed on down into the Caribbean.  During the bulk of
the year 1975 the ship sails about in the Caribbean.  It's a fairly
quite time and although there are flaps in almost every port where the
ship lands, for the most part those flaps are minor.
     The only flap that was really a major flap was the flap in Trinidad
and that was another occasion where the ship was ordered to be off the
island and out of the port within 24 hours.
     In the month of June or July 1975, while the ship is at the island
of Curacao, LRH has a stroke.  He's rushed from the ship, placed in the
intensive care unit at a local hospital where he remains for two days
and is there after moved into a private room in that same hospital where
he stays for three weeks.  For the next three months he undergoes his
recovery, he stays at a cabana type bungalow which is part of the Hilton
Hotel there on Curacao.
     During the recovery, as he begins to regain mobility and strength,
photo shoot missions are undertaken on the island, including the photos
that you have seen in the front of the Volunteer Minister's Handbook.
However the ship is running out of ports, fuel is terribly expensive and
the cost of maintaining and running the ship are absolutely oppressive
and the decision is made that it's time to relocate on land.
     In October of 1975, the ship sails to Freeport in the Bahamas and
the crew is divided into three groups.  The management group is flown to
New York City where they establish a management post at what was called
RONY the Relay Office New York, that was on the fifth floor of the New
York Org.  A second group is flown to Miami and a third group is flown
to what I think was Washington DC.  The remaining two groups, the Flag
Service Org and the Photo Shoot Org, traveled by bus from where ever
they landed, to Daytona.  In late October of 1975 they collected in
Daytona where they stayed in a motel on the beach.  LRH took rooms in
the hotel next door to that motel.
     At this time the group called the United Churches was established.
United Churches was a front group that the church used for purchasing
property in Clearwater Florida.  When the Fort Harrison Hotel was ready
for use, the crew moved to the Fort Harrison and LRH moved to a block of
apartments called King Arthur's Court in a small town called Duneden, a
small town north of Clearwater on Route 19A.  A whole section of
apartments was taken there and it was nicked named UCE or United
Churches Extension.
     While LRH is staying there he decides that he needs some new
clothes and he gets in communication with a tailor from another small
town near by called Tarpon Springs.  This tailor comes to visit him and
begins measuring and fitting clothes for him and the two of them get
into a discussion of science fiction.  This tailor is a science fiction
fan, knows of LRH's work and is very very excited to have met and shaken
hands with LRH.
     He goes back to Tarpon Springs and tells everybody he knows of his
exciting afternoon.  News of this travels rather quickly and the word
gets back to a reporter on the St.  Petersburg Times, a lady named Betty
Orseni, and she, following up the lead, discovers that LRH is indeed
living in Duneden this small town quite near St.  Petersburg, and blows
the lid off the United Churches cover of the Church of Scientology
purchase of the Fort Harrison and other buildings in downtown
     This breach of security is of course unacceptable to LRH and in the
middle of the night he, Jim Denkelsey, Kemma and Mike Douglas all head
for Washington DC.  There an apartment is taken where LRH and this crew
live for the next five to six months.
     This is not the end of flaps however for UCE, for apparently in
their haste to leave, a box of guns was left behind.  This box of guns
had apparently entered the country illegally in a shipment of freight
from the Bahamas to Clearwater that was part of the project of finally
shipping all of the crew's materials back to the States.
     None the less the church was eventually able to handle this flap,
they paid a fine and surrendered some of the guns to the Bureau of
Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms as we understand it.
     As we said earlier LRH will stay in this apartment in Washington DC
for five to six months, during this time another location is found for
him in California and he moves to a location which is known as ASTRA.
ASTRA was located in Culver City California, a city which is part of the
Los Angeles Metropolitan area near the Los Angeles air port.
     This location of LRH was part of a three part network of special
telex links that were built out of special decoder boxes, there were
three of them, the one where LRH was, was known as ASTRA, the one that
was in Clearwater was originally called LECCW, that meant LRH external
Comm Clear Water, that name was eventually changed to CECCW, or CMO
External Comm Clear Water in order to protect the untruth that LRH was
not communicating with the church and was completely off the lines.
     The third of these sites was known as Beta, that was the United
States Guardians Office that was located in the Manor here in Los
     LRH was in ASTRA for approximately two months.  He then moved to a
location that was scouted and found for him by Duke Snyder, in a town
called La Quinta.  La Quinta is a town about fifteen miles east of Palm
Springs, just west of highway 111.  The location that was found was the
Hacienda and the Hacienda was called Rifle.  At Rifle was LRH, Mary Sue,
the household unit, the messengers, Fred Hare, Ann and Jim Mullegen,
Duke Snyder and Laurel and Fred Watson.  The R factor on Rifle was that
there was to be no connection with Scientology in any way.  No books, no
Scientology words and no Scientology conversation, every one there had
to use cover names.
     The first months when LRH was at Rifle were spent principally
relaxing and working in the gardens, this was a period of vacation time
for him.  He was working on targets that he had set for himself, in
terms of improving his health and toward the end of this two month
period he had begun to be more active.
     LRH remains in La Quinta through until July of 1977.  As you may
recall on the 7th of July 1977 the FBI raided the churches in Los
Angeles and Washington DC and Ron and Mary Sue spent the next week
discussing exactly how they were going to handle their legal situation
that had been created as a result of those raids.  On the 15th of July
1977, LRH makes a decision, he decides he's going to leave La Quinta.
     With him he takes Dede Reisdorf, Clare Rouseau and Pat Broeker, of
course we'll hear more from Pat later.  They leave in the station wagon
called Beauty in the middle of the night with their lights off.  Once
their are an adequate distance away they turn their lights on and they
make their way to Sparks, Nevada, a small town just east of Reno.
     LRH is ill during the trip, he's having stomach trouble and this is
not a happy trip for anybody, particularly considering the circumstances
under which it's being made.
     They take a hotel in Sparks.  Pat ((Broeker)) and Claire Rouseau,
under assumed names, get married to each other.  Both, of course, were
already married.  Claire Rouseau was married to David, and Pat was
married, at that time, to his second wife, Trudy.
     It takes a few days for them to get established, but Pat and Claire
go out, they find an apartment, they furnish it, they get all the
necessary pots, pans, food and so forth, and they all move into the
apartment.  The cover story is that Pat and Claire are this young
married couple.  LRH is their elderly uncle, and that, I think, DeDe is
their cousin, something like that.  At any rate, they are almost
completely out of comm for nearly six months.
     This is a time where LRH is spending time working on his health.
He takes long walks every morning and he works on the scripts for
"Revolt In The Stars", the film that he wrote, and also the films for
the Tech scripts.
     After they'd been in Sparks a short time, cash was becoming a
problem.  So, Pat Broeker contacted Annie, his soon-to-be wife, who was
the D/CO-CMO CW, that is, the Deputy Commanding Officer of the
Commodore's Messenger Org in Clearwater.  They arranged between them for
one million dollars in cash to be taken from the church by Annie, who
will meet Pat in the Los Angeles airport, where they will exchange
suitcases.  They will each have a matching suitcase.  They'll meet each
other.  Each will be disguised in some fashion.  They will then...Anne
will travel back to Clearwater, Pat will travel back to Sparks and they
will go through a variety of costume and disguise changes on the way.
     The money, indeed, arrives at Sparks, but they're still uncertain
as to whether or not the money has been adequately laundered, and so,
they take the hundred dollar bills, which is how the bulk of the money
arrived, and they take it to the various casinos and break the bills
into smaller ones as the money is needed.
     They will stay in Sparks until the last day of December 1977 and
then they will head back for Rifle in the town of La Quinta.  On the
second of January 1978, LRH arrives back.  La Quinta, by the way, was
called W, or WHQ.  That stood for Winter Headquarters.  It consisted of
simply more than the Rifle Hacienda.  It also included the Olive Trees
Ranch, which was the hacienda immediately next door.
     Additionally, since the film unit was now going to begin,
additional property was needed.  Two large ranches were located in
Indio, California.  One was a hundred and forty acres of grapefruit and
date palms called Silver.  The other was much smaller, a ten acre
grapefruit and date palm hacienda called Monroe.
     The crew that was assembled to make the films would eventually live
at Monroe.  And in the middle of Silver, right in the middle of the
grapefruit orchards, a huge barn would be built, that would disguise its
internal structure, which was actually a studio.  The film crew, then
called Cine, moved to the barracks in Monroe and work on the films began
at that time.
     However, in September of 1978, LRH has another major incident with
his health.  It's unclear as to whether or not he had had a heart attack
or a stroke, but we do know that David Mayo, who was at that time the
Senior CS Flag, was summoned from Flag to Rifle to audit LRH on assists
and other actions.
     LRH's physician, Dr.  Gene Denk, was in attendance when David
arrived.  He pronounced LRH very seriously ill, with vital signs very,
very low.  He said that LRH's heart was arhythmic, that is to say that
it was not beating in a smooth, rhythmic fashion, and had prepared the
facilities necessary to give him electric shocks to restart his heart in
the event that it should stop.  David was told that he could die at any
     LRH's folders were reviewed and an assist program was written.  Ron
was conscious at that time, but just barely, and could just barely
speak.  The assists went on for some weeks and LRH quite rapidly
recovered.  I think it's interesting to note that from those assists
came the seeds that eventually became NOTS.
     In October of 1978, SHQ, or Summer Headquarters, was purchased.
SHQ is the facility that is also known as Gilman Hot Springs and
included that resort and also the motel known as the Massacre Canyon
Inn., a foreshadowing name if there ever was one.
     Both these facilities are located on Route 79 about six miles south
of Route 10.  To find them, if you find Palm Springs, California, they
are about twenty miles to the west.  Gilman Hot Springs included a
twenty seven hole golf course and a variety of other facilities that
would be appropriate to a resort.  The total purchase price for both was
2.7 million dollars and the church paid for them in cash.
     LRH had huge offices that were renovated and constructed for him at
Gilman, as well as a house that was renovated for his use called
'Bonneyview'.  However, neither of them were ever used.  In March of
'79, with LRH still staying at La Quinta, a flap occurred in terms of
security.  A member of the film crew blew and made threats about coming
back with authorities and a with a gun and so forth.  And so, LRH was
forced to flee La Quinta.
     He takes off with Mike and Kemma Douglas to a small community about
twenty miles south of Riverside, California called Lake Elsinore.  Lake
Elsinore is actually a lake up in the San Bernadino mountains.  There
they take a trailer or an apartment or a small house, it's unclear, but
they will stay there approximately a month or so.
     The next LRH location is a place called X. X was an apartment
rented in a small town called Hemet.  Hemet is the town closest to
Gilman Hot Springs, it's on Route 74 near the intersection of Route 79.
Hemet and Gilman Hot Springs are just a few miles apart.
     The apartment is behind the acupuncture clinic on Florida St., in
downtown Gilman.  Two apartments are taken there, one LRH lives in, one
is for the messengers and the other people who accompany him.  In late
April 1979, David Mayo, who is at that time the Senior C/S
International, is stationed at Gilman Hot Springs.  He's called to come
to X to again give assists and auditing to Ron.  Ron has had a cancer
operation on the front of his head and needs to have some assists as
anyone would I suppose if they had an operation.  The two worked
together, doing the assists and later on refining the NOTS procedure.
     We haven't said any thing about Happy Valley so it might be an
appropriate time to speak of it just briefly.  Happy Valley is a small
facility about 8 miles west of Gilman Hot Springs.  To get there you
have to travel through the Soboba Indian reservation.  Happy Valley by
the way is just it's nick name.  The reason it got that name is because
it has only one telephone and that telephone is about 100 yards away
from where people sleep.
     You see when you are in the Sea Org, you can be awaken at any time
in the day or night, to be put back on post, to do some work, to answer
questions and so forth.  Happy Valley got it's name because you could go
there and sleep and be actually happy.
     In February 1980, David Mayo and LRH are in constant communication.
Ron is now working on this Solo NOTS and is sending the folders and the
daily sessions back and forth to David Mayo for him to see, David is
also acting as Ron's review auditor on occasion when that's necessary.
They have a few face to face meetings during this period of time but at
this moment the Tampa Grand Jury is about to convene, LRH and the
Broekers take off for parts unknown and that was the last time they were
ever seen.
     There have been some rumors as to where LRH has been since that
time.  The most likely of those rumors indicate that he's living in
Laguna Beach.  Since his physician, Gene Denk, has his offices here in
Los Angeles, that seems a not unreasonable place.  Given the fact that
as anyone as they get older they need an increasing amount of medical
     However, we've been unable to pin down a specific location and
we've been unable to confirm the fact that Laguna is actually where he
is living.  Additional rumors have also circulated that his health has
been poor during the last year or so and that perhaps he's had another
stroke but again this is just another rumor and we've been unable to
confirm it.
     In Part II of this tape we said we'd take a look at those key
moments that brought the Broekers and Miscavige and ultimately the RTC
into complete control of the church.  I think that what is observable is
that the Broekers and Miscavige, starting perhaps as early as 1977,
begin to systematically eliminate all of LRH's comm lines except their
own.  Gradually, every single person with whom Ron has a comm line,
including his wife and children, must communicate via the Broekers.
Finally, the Broekers are the only ones in direct communication with
Ron.  And that, of course, is the situation in which we find ourselves
     The first of these key moments occurs in October, 1975 when the
Flag Land Base is established.  At that time, Ron feels that he must go
into seclusion and it is this concern and this worry about his being a
secluded figure that makes him vulnerable to Pat Broeker.
     Also at that time Mary Sue, who is the Controller of the church, is
of course on financial lines, as is would be expected, and Pat Broeker
is also on financial lines only from the viewpoint of the Sea Org,
rather than from the viewpoint of the Guardian's Office.  He and Mary
Sue have some very significant flaps and she has him busted off several
posts during this time.
     On the fifteenth of July, 1977, after the Washington, DC raids, Ron
of course leaves Rifle and goes into hiding with DeDe Reisdorf, Claire
Rousseau, and Pat Broeker.  This is the point where Pat Broeker
establishes himself as a terminal to LRH and really impresses LRH with
his ability to deal with and handle security.  This also is the point
where Pat begins to cut the communication line between LRH and Mary Sue
by editing letters that are going back and forth between them.
     Early of course in 1978, another one of these events occurs when
Ron returns to Rifle.  Mary Sue, who was under the close scrutiny of the
FBI and the government as a result of the raids, and it was necessary
for her to keep her address reported to the government, had to leave
Rifle so that Ron's location would again be secure.  Once again, this
places other people as vias on the comm line between Ron and Mary Sue,
because it was felt that Mary Sue's mail might be traced and followed
back to LRH.
     The next of these key moments occurs in September, 1978.  That was
the point at which LRH was taken so terribly ill, and Ron's "delicate"
condition was yet another excuse to keep this all this "bad news" off of
his lines.  This was an additional excuse that Ron's incoming
communication could be further edited.
     In mid 1979, Annie Broeker is the Deputy Commanding Officer of the
Commander's Messengers Org in Clearwater, Florida.  Mary Sue is living
in Florida at that time, and she's operating out of the Guardian's
Office there.  Annie is meddling in the Guardians Office's affairs and
Mary Sue eventually has had it with her and forces her off the post.
She gets busted for meddling in GO affairs and is sent back to INT as
useless on management lines.
     In September 1, 1979, the major change in church management occurs.
The CMO International takes over all church management and the Watch Dog
Committee is set up.  I was always curious as to who was on the Watch
Dog Committee and now I'll tell you.  At that time, DeDe Reisdorf was
the Chairperson, Gail Irwin was the Deputy Chairperson; Mark Yeager,
David Miscavige, Ann Tasket and Lois Reisdorf were the members of the
     LRH orders at that time that messengers who hold management posts
no longer stand watches.  Standing a watch was that period of time when
the messengers actually worked in LRH's presence handling his comm and
doing other errands and so forth for him.  The folks at INT, that is at
CMO INT, are ordered to send two messengers to work with LRH on a more
or less permanent basis who are essentially of no great value on
management lines, the two people that are chosen are Pat and Annie
     Late in January of 1980, another important event occurs and that is
that Mike and Kemma Douglas, LRH's most trusted individuals in the
household unit for many years, blow.  That leaves behind as the
principle terminals working directly with LRH, Pat and Annie Broeker and
also another young lady who's name is Clarise.
     Late in February 1980, the Tampa Grand Jury really gets hot and LRH
is indicted.  This is another one of these key moments because LRH is
about to flee.  Now ordinarily of course he would have taken Mike and
Kemma Douglas with him but they have just the month before blown.  So
the only people that are there, that he can see as being viable to take
along with him are Pat and Annie Broeker.  Now the plan is complete,
that's the last time that LRH is going to be seen and Pat and Annie
Broeker are essentially right in the middle of all the comm lines.
     The next key moment in the church history comes in January of 1981,
when a telex comes down to David Miscavige establishing, quote, Project
All Clear.  There are 35 liability cases against the church and a good
many of them name LRH as a defendant.  This Clear Project, All Clear
Project, is given top priority over all church business.
     Included to be as part of this All Clear Committee will be David
Miscavige, DeDe and Lois Reisdorf and Gail Irwin.  Norman Starkey and
Terri Gamboa will also be part of the project, with David Miscavige as
the project operator.  Because this is "so confidential and sensitive",
David Miscavige forms a direct comm line to Pat Broeker, bypassing all
of the CMO seniors that are above him and actually cutting out the whole
CMO.  This special comm line bypasses the Watch Dog Committee, the CO
CMO, and David Miscavige begins to recruit additional people into this
All Clear Committee.
     David Miscavige will now systematically begin to eliminate all the
other members of the All Clear Committee.
     In June and July of 1981, David Miscavige and Pat Broeker, along
with Annie Broeker decide that the Guardians Office must be eliminated
as an independent factor in the church.  Around July the first, David
Miscavige arranges a meeting with Mary Sue Hubbard, based on a lie.  He
calls her on the phone and implies that he has comm for her from LRH.
     The two get together and he arrives but the letter that he promised
her simply didn't exist.  What he did arrive with was a letter he had
had written by the church attorneys, stating erroneously that Mary Sue's
presence as the controller of the church endangered and implicated LRH
in all church matters.  Based on this letter and other conversations
that the two of them had, Mary Sue was eventually persuaded to step down
as the controller.
     David Miscavige's exchanges with Mary Sue were extremely bitter, he
brags about INT for some weeks thereafter about calling her a
suppressive bitch and other names.
     On the 7th of July 1981, twenty CMO missionaires are sent to Saint
Hill and the Los Angeles Guardians Office simultaneously, in the hopes
of simply taking over the Guardian Office.  Now you must understand that
both the CMO and the Guardians Office did their share of bad things
while they were part of the church, but they did act to some degree as a
check and balance on one another.  This was going to be the elimination
of that check and balance and was considered to be a very important
     In Los Angeles the take over goes smoothly until Jane Kember is
encountered.  Jane is of course the Guardian World Wide.  She's
barricaded herself in her office and she simply refuses to be unseated.
By hook or crook these missionaries manage to get an appointment with
her and she is simply intractable.  The missionaries leave, they telex
back to INT and two individuals are sent from INT to Los Angeles, that
is from Gilman Hot Springs to Los Angeles, to handle this situation.
     What is decided is that a fake telex is going to be constructed,
allegedly from LRH, that will order that Jane Kember step down and that
the CMO take over the Guardians Office.  This telex is typed on the spot
by the missionaires from INT, it is put in a folder that contains other
legitimate LRH telexes and another meeting is arranged with Jane Kember.
     This meeting comes off, she's given this folder to read, she looks
through and is unable to distinguish the genuine LRH telexes, which it
was presumed she could recognize from the bogus one, she's sees the
telex ordering that she step down and that the CMO be allowed to take
over the Guardians Office and that action is done.  That is the end of
the Guardians Office and now the Commodore's Messenger Org and
ultimately Pat Broeker and David Miscavige and Annie Broeker now run the
entire church.
     In January and February of 1982, the plans were laid to set up the
Religious Technology Center and Author Services.  The purpose of these
two corporations ostensibly was to hold the trademarks in the event of
LRH's death, and in the case of Author Services to exploit LRH's written
materials and to handle his other personal financial affairs.
     What actually was accomplished is that the entire church and all
Scientologists on a worldwide basis came under the authority of this
Religious Technology Center by virtue of the fact that one's authority
to use the trademarks could be removed at any time by this group, and
that this essentially put David Miscavige not only in charge of all of
the church, but essentially in charge of every single Scientologist on a
worldwide basis.  He could simply come down on any Scientologist that he
chose to at will.
     There was some concern that the trademarks of Scientology would
pass into the public domain because LRH had been claiming that he'd been
off management lines since 1966 and as such would not have been in a
position where he was being responsible for and controlling the
trademarks for all that period of time, that period of sixteen years.
     The church attorneys were terrified that these trademarks would be
eventually lost and, so, the RTC was a necessity.  In fact, of course,
what was also going on was that David Miscavige was individuating
himself from the church because he feared that the church management
structure would eventually find a way to remove him and by setting up
the RTC and putting himself outside the reach of the church, he assured
himself of a position that would be irrevocable.
     In April of 1982, LRH became concerned about his own passing.  He
sent letters to certain key Sea Org personnel, including a letter to
David Mayo, passing his technical hat for technical purity and research
to David for the period while LRH would be away that would be picking up
a new body and growing to adulthood for twenty or twenty five years.
     Verification of that letter exists by way of an RTC missionaire,
actually two of them, Kevin True and Neal O'Reilly, who, while
discussing this matter with a couple of Scientologists in November of
1983, verified the existence of the letter.  We'll play you a piece of
that tape now.
     "Yeah, he does have the Tech Hat.  LRH gave him that.  For the next
twenty years, or whatever, something like that, in writing.  That does
exist.  That's a fact.  It did happen."
     I trust that will lay to rest once and for all, any controversy
over whether or not that letter actually exists.  Now, because of the
personal comm line which exists between LRH and David Mayo, it is
necessary for the Broekers and Miscavige to find a way to break that
comm line off.
     Mayo, of course, was not a puppet of Broeker and Miscavige.  He was
an individual of fifteen years experience in the Sea Org, of vast amount
of Tech training and was simply not putting up with the nonsense that
these fellas were putting down the lines.
     Evidence of the fact that David Mayo was not going on with the
Miscavige/Broeker nonsense of course, is that when the results of the
sec checks on Pat Broeker were sent up lines and, of course, were cut
off, both the Broekers and Miscavige were highly put out at David Mayo
for putting this kind of nonsense on LRH's lines.  David Mayo of course,
simply would not play along.
     The next of these major events, these key events, comes in June of
1982.  Pat Broeker orders the setup of the Finance Police with Wendell
Reynolds as its dictator.  Reynolds, after being on post a week or so,
sends to the CO CMO INT, at that time John Nelson, a telex which was six
feet long requesting the transfer of more than 250 of the top church
executives all into the Finance Police.  Fortunately, Nelson scuttles
     This, of course, is the beginning of the end for Nelson.
     Around the same period of time, June of 1982, both Broeker and
Miscavige resign their positions in the Sea Org and are now full time
non Sea Org members running the RTC and Author Services.  During the
months of July and August of 1982, virtually every senior church
executive, except those that are in the influence of Broeker and
Miscavige, are pulled off post, comm-eved, and for the most part,
declared and expelled.
     Here's a brief list of the senior executives that were pulled off
post.  This list is not all-inclusive, but I'll give you the highlights:
John Nelson, CO CMO International; Kerry Gleason, Executive Director
International; Allen Buchanan, Deputy Executive Director International;
Moe Samuels, CO of the CMO for Special Unit, that's Gilman Hot Springs;
John Axel, Watch Dog committee member for SMI, that's the Scientology
Missions International; Roger Barnes, the ED of Scientology Missions
International; Pat Hunter, the LRH Communicator International; Bess
Sullivan, the CO of the Flag Operations Liaison Office, or FOLO, for
east U.S.; Emil Gilbert, Commanding Officer for FOLO of Canada; Chris
Stevens, Command Officer of the Special Unit; Peter Warren, DIV 6
Executive International; Jay Horowitz, who is the OEC FEBC Supervisor at
Flag; Julie Gilespie, who is staff of the Senior CS Internationals
Office; and David Mayo, the Senior CS International, himself.
     All of these individuals were taken out to Happy Valley, they were
variously put on the running program and so forth and that was the end
of church and management outside the influence of the Broekers and
Miscavige.  Along with these individuals every CO of every FOLO and
every commanding officer of every US Org has been Comm ev'd and
replaced.  Of the fourteen people I named off almost all of them have
been excommunicated, John Nelson was excommunicated, Kerry Gleason,
Allen Buchanan, Mo Samuels was given twenty years of no services in the
church and a conditional excommunication, John Axel was ordered to get
two thousand new people into the church before he'd be eligible for
service again, Rodger Barnes was excommunicated, Pat Hunter was given a
conditional excommunication, Bess Sullivan was conditionally
excommunicated, Emil Gilbert was excommunicated, Chris Stevens had to
get in one thousand new people and was also conditionally
excommunicated; Peter Warren was to get in two thousand new people and
was, also, conditionally excommunicated; Jay Hirwitz was excommunicated;
Julie Gilespie was given no services for 20 years and was conditionally
excommunicated; and David Mayo, of course, was excommunicated.  Gives
you an idea that the elimination of this entire management team was very
important, and, of course, was completely accomplished.
     In Part III of this tape, we thought we'd take a look at some of
the senior management people and find out a little bit more about them.
Pat Broeker is approximately 33 years old.  He's a high school graduate
and actually has had a little bit of college.  He's had virtually no
Tech training, at all.  He's been married three times...four times, if
you include the time under fictitious names in Sparks, Nevada.  He's
currently married to Annie Broeker, and also, to Claire Rousseau.
     He has a very checkered post history, but his posts have
principally been in finance.  Of course, he was a Financial Courier.  He
was the Flag Banking Officer for Boston.  And he was the Chief of Sea
Org Reserves.  He was busted off virtually every post he held.  Pat is
deeply into security and into spy-vs-spy.  And his nickname in the Sea
Org has for a long time been 007.  He's really enchanted with all spy
paraphernalia and gear.  He reads spy novels, both fiction and non-
fiction books, about security and security systems and materials, and
it's virtually an obsession with him.
     Annie Broeker is approximately 29 years old.  She's been a
Messenger since 1969.  She has education through the seventh (7th)
grade, NO Tech training of any kind, and has only recently started on OT
3. She's about 5'6", 120 lbs., which by the way, makes her a little
taller than David Miscavige.  She's held a variety of admin posts but
most of them came to unfortunate ends.
     In 1978, she was busted off the CO CMO International post for gross
incompetence.  Later, in 1979, she was busted off the post as Deputy
Commanding Officer of the CMO of Clearwater by Mary Sue.  And there was
some bad blood between them, at that point.  She has a history of
disassociating her units or areas from the church.  I think that's
interesting, in light of what's going on currently.  She, of the two, of
she and Pat, is the more powerful and competent.  She's cold, distant,
and has little respect for mothers, according to those people who I've
interviewed who know her.  She calls Pat the 'House Husband', and he
very often checks with her before making any decision of any consequence
at all.
     Both Pat and Annie were made Watch Messengers during late 1979, or
early 1980, because they were useless on management posts.  It certainly
is ironic to find them now, both as the most Senior Management Terminals
in the church and the Religious Technology Center.
     David Miscavige is aged 24.  He's a Provisional Class IV auditor
and his education in public school goes up to the seventh grade.  He's
about 5'4''tall and he weighs about 130 pounds.  He's had a variety of
nicknames in the Sea Org but most of them center around his not being
especially tall.
     David Miscavige is completely devoted to LRH, the Broekers used
that devotion to get David Miscavige to perform all manner of
distasteful acts.  Of course he is capable of acting distastefully on
his own.  The eyes only dispatch which circulated around that was
allegedly from David Miscavige to Mark Yeager the CO CMO INT, that calls
for the squashing of the squirrels and was loaded with four letter words
and strings of invectives, whether or not it is genuine, is none the
less representative of communication from Miscavige at that tone level.
He can get things done by fear and intimidation and yelling, etcetera.
It has been said that the most recent church activities, the period of
high pressure, high force activities is simply a dramatization of David
Miscavige's influence.
     I've had the opportunity to interview a few of his past seniors and
they report that he has the tendency to wild excesses and constantly
needs supervision.  Having him in this position where he is virtually
unsupervised on management lines causes those people who know him well
great concern.  To give you some idea of the excess as well as the
control over church finance lines and church personal that the Broekers
and Miscavige have, I thought I would tell about an activity that went
on out in Gilman Hot Springs in May of 1982.
     At that time a clipper ship with three masks full sized was
constructed around the swimming pool there at Gilman Hot Springs.  The
cost of building the mock clipper ship was over a half million dollars
in materials alone, over five hundred and sixty five thousand dollars
was spent.  All the labor, of course, was Sea Org personnel.  This is a
rather strange expense, I'm sure you'd agree, to build a ship out in the
middle of the California desert.  Nonetheless, the expenses of the
project was authorized by David Miscavige and Pat Broeker.  Neither of
whom, by the way, have any known position in the church.
     The amazing clipper ship can be seen by anybody.  All you have to
do is drive out there.  It's on Hwy. 74, just south of Hwy. 10.  The
church will even offer tours of the ship to visitors on request.
Allegedly, the purpose of the ship was to entertain VIPs, and yet,
Gilman Hot Springs is the church's top secret location.  It doesn't make
any sense, whatsoever, why there should this VIP tourist attraction
located in a top security location.  And what possible purpose could it
have had for this expenditure of half a million dollars in church money?
     Another example of this kind of excess comes up in a newspaper
article from the Knight-Ritter Newsservice called 'Church of Scientology
Buys Into Oklahoma Oil Co.'  What has happened is that the church has
invested about 3.3 million dollars into an Oklahoma oil company called
HG&G.  The church now apparently owns about 25% of this small
exploration company that was formerly known as Highlands, Goodall, &
Grear.  The article says, 'after failing to interest industry investors
or conventional lending sources, HG&G sold an interest in the company to
Church of Scientology Flag Service Organization, Inc., a counseling and
training arm of the church in Clearwater, Florida.'  I think what's
interesting is when a local newspaper in the Florida area went and
talked to Ron Norton, who's the CO of the Flag Service Organization, he
said he knew nothing about it.
     The article goes on to say 'Goodall said the religious organization
purchased a 25% interest for an undisclosed price.  It was tied to a
promise to lend financial support for drilling activities', he said.  In
other words, what the church is going to be doing is giving more money
to this oil company for additional drilling as well.  I find that is a
rather difficult piece of information to swallow, in light of another
piece of paper that I have in front of me, SENIOR HCO PAC ETHICS ORDER #
145, dated the 2nd of January 1984.  It's addressed to all Pac, that's
Pacific Area Crew and it calls for a Board of Investigation.  Do you
know what this Board of Investigation is to investigate?  It's to
investigate why the staff is on rice and beans.  It talks about finding
out what orgs are and are not paying the CESO for their meals and if
there is any reference or issues specifying the issue of rice and beans
on a daily bases.
     My information is, that the staff members in the Pac Area have been
on rice and beans for over a month.  I find it shocking and appalling,
that the church can put 3.3 million dollars into oil wells but it can't
even feed it's staff.  I'm sorry to branch out into opinion on this I've
been trying to just simply report the facts to you as I found them but
that particular story really gets to me.
     At the beginning of the tape I promised we'd talk a bit about Ron's
Journal 38 and I'm prepared to make good on that promise at this point.
The first question that I think is worth while to address is whether or
not the voice on the tape is LRH or not.  I not sure if it's especially
important to be absolutely honest with you.  As we'll show you here, the
bulk of the statistics and the information which is quoted on the tape
lacks significantly in credibility.  If that voice is the voice of LRH,
it is very clear that Broeker and Miscavige and the RTC individuals have
been feeding Ron a wide variety of false statistics.  If the voice is
that of an actor or some other person that is being substituted, well,
that person is just being used as a via for the lies.  We're having a
voice print done so we should know in the not-to-distant future exactly
what the story is.
     Early on in the tape, the voice says that there's this war going on
against the squirrels and that a preliminary injunction has been won in
San Diego, California against the California Association of Dianetic
Auditors.  This is 'the first victory against the squirrels based on
trademarks'.  Although, I would like to point out that a preliminary
injunction is a court document that is issued simply on request, it is
preliminary to any hearing of facts, and that this is not a victory at
all, but merely a preliminary step to a trial which is coming up in
February of this year.  If the judge in that instance were to hear that
the church is claiming this as some sort of unequivocal victory, I am
certain that he would be most displeased.  In addition, it said this
preliminary injunction has 'shut this person down'.  First of all, this
person is not a squirrel, but purely a splinter, and second of all, they
are not shut down at all, but as a matter of fact they are doing better
than ever.
     The tape goes on to mention that the Perth Australia group; that is
the group run by Eddie Mace in Perth Australia, is under attack.
Squirrelly on the defense and has been reduced to next to nothing.  That
is an absolute and complete fabrication!  After all, why would it be
necessary for the church to attack something which was next to nothing?
The group was formerly a mission.  The RTC went into that mission,
ripped it up, was really abrasive and rude and dreadful to the people
there and consequently the management of that mission simply decided
that they were going to leave the church.  Since leaving the church,
they've had to move to larger quarters, they're now delivering the
entire bridge and their stats have increased between 4 and eight fold,
just since the Spring.  Eddie Mace and his crew have just really done a
splendid job down there.
     I'd like to point out something that I think is significant in this
tape.  There's the following quote on the tape 'RTC is promoting their
services internationally and is getting the reputation as being the
place to get your case run on Standard Tech, when all else fails'.  I'm
curious about that.  Has the RTC become a tech delivery unit?
Apparently so.  I understood that it was, according to it's own
publications, created to ensure that standard tech was being applied
world wide.  Apparently it has failed because if that quote is to be
believed it set it's self up as a tech delivery unit and it says that
you can go to them if all else fails.  I thought they were responsible
for making sure that all else didn't fail.  This bears watching.  Here's
just one more via between the public and LRH.
     I heard quite of a number of complaints of people that felt that
the endless quoting of stats on the tape made it boring and so I'm going
to do the very best I can not to spend a long of time futzing with the
stats but, I think they are an indication of the degree to which the
false information is either being given to LRH to give to us, or is
being given to actors to pass on to us.
     The stats internally, that is, within the tape itself, if you take
time to compare one stat to another, they are not consistent.  And if
you compare those stats with other known sources of statistics such as
the SMI International international stat sheets, you will find that the
stats, stat sheets, are highly exaggerated or overblown, grossly
overstated or simply utterly false.
     As an example, let's have a look at the Class IV Org stats.
According to the tape, the number of people who started on Dianetic or
Scientology services during 1983 was 52,056, or about a thousand and one
people per week.  Yet, in the same section, the Division Six stats say
that the new people in per week was 14,000 and the number of people that
completed free introductory services every week was 4,500.  I'd like to
point out that if 14,000 come in and 4,500 complete free introductory
services that's only 32%.  Not a really terrific statistic.  Now of the
4,500 that apparently complete free introductory services, only a
thousand and one actually go on and start a paid service.  So over all,
of the 14,000 new people in per week only a thousand and one will ever
end up on a service, that's only about 7%.  If that isn't living proof
that high prices are destroying the church, I don't have any idea what
is.  And what happens to the nearly 13 thousand people every single week
who wander away?
     Taking a look at total international delivery, the number of new
starts for the year was apparently 417,311.  These are people that
started on the bridge.  Dividing that out into weeks that comes to about
8025 people per week.  Earlier we learned that a thousand and one
started out at Class IV Orgs so my question to you is, where did the
other 7 thousand and 24 start?  They certainly didn't start in missions
because the Scientology Missions International stats sheets show a total
average first service starts at about 400 per week.  Therefore 6600 new
people are not covered, that statistic is simply utterly false.
     Per the tape, 53 new missions started up in 1983 for a total of
168, this is another false statistic.  According to the Scientology
Missions International stat sheets 26 new missions actually started in
1983 but there were 27 missions that closed up.  The total missions at
the beginning of the year was 60, the total at the end of the year 59,
not 168.
     Beyond this the mission network has been financially gutted,
virtually every major stat is significantly down.  Gross income is down
by over 70%, well done auditing hours down 70%, student points down more
than 50% and first service starts are down almost 80% and why?  Because
the power house missions, the ones with money, were the ones that were
hit by the finance police and the RTC.
     In 1983 over half of all of the missions, 55%, had a weekly gross
income of $500.00 per week or less.  That mission network is absolutely
decimated and we have the current management to thank for it.  The
significance of all of this of course is that beyond the stats on the
tape being questionable, the obvious is that the management is driving
the church into the ground.
     Let's go ahead now and take a look at the book wins.  According to
the tape in 1983, Class IV Orgs sold an average of 5,000 books per week.
If you multiply that out, that comes to 260,000 books per year.  Yet the
very next statement is:  that the total number of books and tapes sold
in 1983 was by orgs and missions was 1 million.  I would ask the
following question, who sold the other 740,000 books?  And the answer
wasn't the missions.
     One other stat that wasn't quoted had to do with the Modern Science
of Mental Health Sales Campaign.  You know the Dianetic Book Campaigns
with the adds of TV?  They sold almost 250,000 books during the year.
Unfortunately the advertising program cost will in excess of 6 million
dollars.  That's 24 dollars for every book sold, that's what your fees
buy.  We could have given away twelve books for every book we sold and
still come out financially ahead.
     A little later on in the tape there's a series of beeps and boops
and then there's this line apparently that's been established with
International Publisher's Computer Network.  Well I checked with
Publisher's Weekly, that's the major publishing organ for the whole
publishing industry and a couple of other friends I have in the
publishing industry and none of them have ever heard of such a network.
That's simply the figment of somebody's imagination.  More over the
operator says that "if they don't read and acknowledge it, that is the
network, they won't be able to clear the inter link".  As a computer
professional I can tell you that any system that can not be controlled
by the operator is not much of a system.
     A little later on in the tape is this quote; the operator says,
"based on sales and public demand the whole book trade internationally
acclaims L. Ron Hubbard the undisputed all time leader in this field".
The field being referred to of course is the field of science fiction.
Well I checked with Publisher's Weekly and again with my friends in the
publishing industry and they uniformly said to me, well what about Isaac
Asimov, what about Arthur Clark, what about Robert Heinlin, what about
Gordon Dixon.  What they said, generally speaking, was that was what in
the sales industry called 'puffing'; that is blowing air around.  It's a
nice thing to say about Ron, his science fiction accomplishments
certainly are noteworthy, but that statement is purely fiction.
     I don't think it's important or productive to continue to tear the
tape apart line by line, but I assure you that it can be done.  The
Tech, and Scientology as a movement, cannot survive in the sea of lies
produced by current management.  The public sees what goes on.  Staff on
rice and beans, living at or below the poverty level, certainly does no
great shakes for the Tech.
     The current management is willing to say anything to anybody, even
to Ron, if it forwards their own ends.  They've spread rumors that I've
had pneumonia, that's a lie, that I'm coming back to the church, that's
also a lie, that David Mayo has brain tumors, that's a lie, that he has
cancer, a lie and more lies and more lies.  By the way, David Mayo who I
just saw yesterday is in absolutely the very best of health.
     His center is growing at a rate that even the RTC is envious of.
As a matter of fact since they opened they've out grown their first two
sets of quarters and I predict they'll out grow their current quarters
in another six months, maybe less.
     Well we're coming to the end of this tape and I thought I would put
in a few thoughts of my own that perhaps would be useful to you.  A
number of people have asked me how I came to my decision to leave the
church and I have to tell you that it's based on the axiom that
intelligence is the ability to evaluate relative importance.  If you
take a look at the technology of Scientology, including both the red on
white and the green on white, and you compare that in importance to how
important the organization is as an entity, I came to the conclusion
that the technology was hundreds and hundreds of times more important
than the organization.  If you have the technology you can build any
kind of an organization you want.  I took a look at the current
management and realized with gang bang sec checks, with alterations of
the bridge and the technology that we've known so well for so many
years, that the current management was willing to sacrifice the
technology in order to save the organization.  I'm not.  I'm willing to
sacrifice the organization to save the technology.  Over the decades,
over the millennia, we'll see who made the right choice.
     The research and the investigation goes on, so keep your eyes open
for a new tape, there will be another one in the not too distant future.
Let me leave you with these few lines from Edward Yewshinsky, these were
found for me by a very dear friend and I think they're just the right
thing to end this tape.
     Fear not your enemies for they can only kill you, fear not your
friends for they can only betray you, fear only the indifferent who
permit the killers and betrayers to walk safely on the earth.
     Jon Zegel

================ http://www.clearing.org ====================
Thu Oct  1 12:06:01 EDT 2020 
Send mail to archive at lightlink.com saying help
================== http://www.lightlink.com/theproof ===================
Learning implies Learning with Certainty or Learning without Certainty.
Learning across a Distance implies Learning by Being an Effect.
Learning by Being an Effect implies Learning without Certainty.
Therefore, Learning with Certainty implies Learning, but 
not by Being an Effect, and not across a Distance.

More information about the Clear-L mailing list